Jet 'n Harvey's RP Site!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jet 'n Harvey's RP Site!

Our original role-plays galore :D

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A True Fairytale

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Harvey

Harvey

Leo Rat
Location : I'm over here. No I'm over here. I'm in your ear O.o

A True Fairytale Empty
PostSubject: A True Fairytale   A True Fairytale EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 2:33 am

Plot: Still in progress ^.-

Back to original forum: https://jetroleplayemporium.rpg-board.net/writing-f24/harvey-s-collection-of-stories-t41.htm#1107

Prolouge:
Many people have heard of Cinderella, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, and other princesses as stories when they are little. What they don't know is that there is a real place in the world where those stories actually happened. Some people came and witnessed them, thus creating your fairytales. What people also don't know is that those stories have been tweaked to give it a good moral.

Cinderella, for example. She was indeed orphaned with a step mother and two step sisters. Kind? Nome. She was a right fowl b***h to them, and always got her way. She was punished once, to my shock, and on the day of a large ball as well. So, she hired a fairy to help her. Yea, hired. You don't just get a fairy by magic, they cost money. They did the whole gig, you know making a beautiful dress and the midnight spell, all that jazz. The beauty part might have taken the most magic. Sure, she's pretty naturally, but compared to her sisters and the women at the ball, she was completely hideous. The glass slipper fitting her? Pure luck.

Snow White actually was related to the witch. Her grandmother, you see? They had a little feud over her new crush on the prince, and she was banished to the forest. Snow is actually very nice, but she isn't all that hygenic and clean. No, she's a total slob. The dwarves where dying to get her out. So, they remembered a certain witch nearby, and ordered a poison apple. The grandmother had no idea, of course. She was actually a pretty kind soul as well, besides being an evil witch and all. The poison apple was created, the dwarves slipped it to Snow, and all seemed good. But then there came the issue of where to put the body. Settting her in a tomb like structure, poor Snow White was helpless when the prince came along. He was a total player, and she was just sitting there, waiting for someone to kiss her. So they dated for awhile, and she did make him a better person so that she could marry him.

Sleeping Beauty... I don't even want to go there.

So all of these fairytales originated here, in Once Upon A Time. No joke, that's the name of this place. It's corny, but it fits in. Now you understand why a lot of the stories start with that.

What does it have to do with me? Well, my name is Evangeline. Evangeline Hershire. I was a farmer girl, had been all of my life. Now, I'm the new princess of Flores de Primavera, or Flowers of Spring, which is a part of Once Upon A Time. I decided that it's time for someone to get my fairytale.

Chapter One: “Yes, Dad, I heard you! I’ll be out in a minute!” I called out the old window of our rustic house, looking up from my sketch pad. My parents owned a large ranch, the biggest one in Flores de Primavera, the southern section of Once Upon A Time. We work with mostly crops, which is different from the rest of our family. You see, being a Hershire, we are supposed to raise animals, but my parents never really enjoyed it when they were growing up. So they branched off and started growing crops. Being an only child, I am supposed to take up the ranch once I finish high school; so, our family is trying to get the tradition back, and convince me to make it an animal farm. No pressure.

I love crops, don’t get me wrong, the freedom is amazing. You just need to take care of them at certain times, trim them up when needed, and they can produce perfect crops with minimal care. Plus, I love the variety I have with crops. I can grow practically anything, which is perfect seeing as I love so many foods, and I can experiment with others to produce different kinds of crops.

Animals are amazing as well. I connect really well with them, and it feels nice to have a relationship with each animal. They have always taught me new things as well, giving me a different experience with each time I see one. The only problem is that m problem is that parents aren’t as good with animals, and feel a little awkward around them; yet they have given me the option to raise animals when I grow up.

Being 13, I feel that I should have it all planned out, that I should have chosen by now, but I can’t. I fear that I will be somewhat separated from my parents in many ways if I choose to go with animals, but if I stay with crops, my entire family might feel disrespected. My parents constantly tell me not to worry about it, but I can’t help it. It’s in the back of my conscience all the time, and I will admit that it has brought down my mood a lot. So, I find myself escaping a lot.

I love to draw. If you gave me a pen and some paper, I will be preoccupied for hours. When I have the pen in my hand, my emotions just fly onto the paper. I don’t know why, it just does. I feel totally at ease, like nothing could ruin the moment. My mind escapes into another reality, full of magic and art at my finger tips. Sadly, I can never stay in these moments for long.

I pulled on my gloves over my tan hands, the gritty material warming up my hands immediately as I stepped out into the crisp autumn air that surrounded the ranch. As I headed down the stairs outside to the green house, I heard the familiar sing-song voice that I loved from the fields. I put on my favorite baseball cap and ran over, smiling as I saw my boyfriend running over to me as well.

Alon’s large arms caught me in a tight embrace, practically suffocating me. “Were have you been?” He laughed, “I’ve missed you.”

“It’s only been twenty minutes, moron.” I said playfully, kissing him gently. “I missed you, too.”

He cupped my face with his hands, gazing deep into my eyes, making me want to melt. He was so captivating, with his black hair falling ever so seductively over his gray eyes, the cream skin that mixed with mine like a latte, and a smile that I always want to bask in forever. I must look so mediocre next to him; with my tan skin and brown hair, chopped short, that gives me an Indian look. My brown eyes are more of a honey color, but they never made anyone melt. Sure, I have nice hips and curves, but my large muscles are strongly intimidating. How I ever managed to get with Alon escapes me.

“Hey!” My father called from the greenhouse, “I need my daughter back, Alon!”

I sighed, hugging Alon one last time before going inside the large crop-wielding building. My father loves tomatoes, and so do I, so it was no shock to find him in the largest greenhouse, planting more tomatoes in the corner. As I walked over to him, I saw his brown eyes crinkle in the edges with a smile, then close with pain as he stood up. I rushed over to him rubbing his back tenderly. Dad was only in his forties, and perfectly healthy might I add, but he had some moments where his muscles gave him grief that belonged to someone in their sixties.

“I’m fine, now help me till the ground some more, Evangeline.” He grunted, standing up fluidly. I pursed my lips, but grabbed a hoe and started tilling the soil. Whenever he had pain, I wanted him to rest, but he refused and continued working. I helped for the rest of the day, loosing myself in my work with my father, few words spoken between us.

That’s usually how it is with my father. He’s a quiet guy, and so am I. I get it from him, I guess. We don’t really feel the need to make conversation when we’re alone together, but sometimes I really want to. I’m extremely close to my mother, as I am with my father, but I want to be closer to my father and not feel like I always have to be perfect.

Sweat was dripping off of my forehead, a feeling of slight fatigue brushing over me; I loved it. For me, it was the feeling of contentment. With my hands in my pockets and whistling a tune, I walked out of the greenhouse and into the field. Alon immediately looked up, smiling broadly at me. I couldn’t help but sigh; almost everything in my life was perfect, besides the farm issue. Little did I know that my whole world was going to change.

You see, I always had trouble with boys. Never was really able to date anyone because of my… ahem… abrupt attitude. I’ve courted over many men before, but none of them really seemed right. Don’t get me wrong, I love Alon with every fiber of my being, but we don’t chat that often, per say. It’s usually just kissing and all that lovey-dovey stuff. We never talk about things that actually require some thinking, which does a lot of damage to our relationship when I try to. Finding someone besides my parents and friends that will actually talk to me like a friend and understand my perspective of life is rare. That’s why Kevin was a complete shock.

I saw Kevin everyday in the small log cabin for workers who calculate the income we bring in and all of the shipments when it was my turn. I have to go in and help about an hour per day for educational purposes, and so that I would be able to function the ranch. This was probably the worst hour of my day; I hate anything mathematical, first off, and Kevin just flat out scared me.

I’ve had some troubles with one guy, Mark, who stalked me all of my first year in middle school. It was the worst experience that I had in middle school, and I find references to him everywhere. The fear that sears through me each time I see him is almost unbearable. That’s why Kevin scared me so much. The first time I talked to him, I was sitting next to him in the log cabin, calculating the tomato expenses.

“Hello.” His voice was husky and warm, a kind of tone that I’m naturally drawn to. “I don’t think we’ve met.”

I looked up from my papers, my eyes skeptical. No one talks to me with that kind of tone without trying to get something from me. “Why not keep it that way?” I sneered. I’m not all that kind to people who use me, and when guys talk to me, my mouth just spits out sarcastic and crude remarks without intention. It’s sort of my fault that I don’t get many relationships.

He smiled, leaning a little closer. I winced, pushing my chair as far away from him as I could. He even SMELLED like Mark; could he make this anymore painful? A little flash of hurt brushed over his blue eyes, piercing through me. “Are you okay?”

“Yea, Sherlock, I’m just great.” I growled, “What do you want?”

“Just saying hi, Jeez.” He said, rolling his eyes. “Do you always treat people this way?”

“Only people who get on my nerves.” I smirked, glancing over at him from the corner of my eye.

“So you’re not even going to give me a chance?” He chuckled, his entire muscular body shaking with it.

“Alright, you got me.” I said, sighing. “So what is your name?”

“You first.”

“You’re pushing your luck.”

He smiled, “Kevin. Kevin Goodsworth.” He stuck out his hand, which I ignored.

“Evangeline Hershire.” I said, going back to my work, but he interrupted me.

“Ah! So you’re the heir of the ranch.” Kevin grinned, returning to the shipment paper. “I didn’t expect you.

I narrowed my eyes, glaring at him. “What’s that supposed to mean?”

“Oh, nothing.” He smirked, not looking up from his work.

“That wasn’t nothing!”

“Hmm?” He tried to keep his face composed, but the corners of his mouth twitched.

I mumbled some profanities and went back to my work. He was so infuriating! I hadn’t even known him five minutes and already I knew I hated him. My pen scratched furiously over my paper, finishing all of my work in great time. I checked over it briefly, putting it in the basket of complete sheets, hurrying out of the door. Before I could, though, Kevin caught my hand.

“You’ll be back tomorrow, right?” He asked in a serious tone

“Yes, just to annoy you.” I said, smirking. He smiled, a look of relief flashing briefly over his face before letting go of me.

The fresh air whipped at my face, and I let out a shaky breath. The entire time, Mark’s face was flashing through my head. There was no way in hell that I was going to go back tomorrow. Subconsciously, I broke into a run to my house.

We lived above the largest greenhouse in a moderately big house; nothing too fancy, but livable. It was very vintage and old, creaking with every step you took on it, and I loved every inch of it. My room was where I spent most of my time, doing everything. I drew in there, painted, dreamed, and practically never left there. I had almost everything I needed to survive in there, but I had to eat and interact with my family as to prevent them from trying to invade my privacy. They understand, though, and let me have alone time as long as I go out and talk to them every once in awhile.

I dashed into my room, slamming the door shut as I fell onto my full sized bed. The plush brown comforter welcomed my tears, which I tried to push away. I’m not one to cry, and I wasn’t about to let some boy let that change. I grabbed the black phone on my bedside table and dialed in Belle’s number quickly before the tears could spill.

“Hello?” Belle’s velvet voice answered, making a wave of comfort flow over me. Belle is the princess who married the Beast, and it may be the one story that got almost everything right. Almost. You see, Belle was diagnosed with Rumplestilskin disease when she was born, meaning that she was always going to be shorter than a normal person should be. That didn’t stop her from finding love, as you can see. She has that perky and dreamer attitude that everyone loves, and she’s my best friend.

“Oh, Belle, you cannot believe what just happened to me.”

Chapter 2: “No WAY!” Belle shouted at me.

“I know! And he was JUST like him.”

“That isn’t possible! Mark was different from everyone else; no one could be like him.”

I sighed, twirling my hat on my index finger. “I know, Belle. But I’m telling you, he was almost the same.”

“Stay away from him. We don’t want a repeat.” She warned me, and I could picture her deep blue eyes going stern perfectly.

“What do you think I’m doing?” I muttered. “You think I wanted to meet him? I’m planning on keeping my distance, but something tells me that I’ll be seeing him again.”

“Well I’ll be here whenever you need me. And so will Beasty.” Belle giggled, making me laugh, too. Beasty was our nickname for her husband, to his demise.

As our laughter calmed down, I sighed with envy. “I can’t believe you’re married at 14.” I said, rolling over to my stomach on my bed.

I heard Belle groan on the other end of the line. “Haven’t we been over this before? I’m sorry that I found love and couldn’t stay away from him.”

I chuckled, pushing my jealousy aside. “I know, I’m just playing around.”

“Of course you are.” She sighed, her tone suggesting her rolling her eyes. “Listen, I’ve got to go try on some new dresses for an upcoming ball. You can come with, buy something nice, and spend the night at my place, okay? We don’t have school for another week, so let’s make it last.”

“Sounds good. I’ll see you in a few then.” I said before hanging up.

Last edited by Harvey on Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jєt
Jet [Admin]
Jєt

Capricorn Pig

A True Fairytale Empty
PostSubject: Re: A True Fairytale   A True Fairytale EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 2:50 am

*jealousy*
Amazing!
Back to top Go down
Harvey

Harvey

Leo Rat

A True Fairytale Empty
PostSubject: Re: A True Fairytale   A True Fairytale EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 5:30 am

^^" Thankies
Back to top Go down
Kiiwers

Kiiwers

Aries Rat

A True Fairytale Empty
PostSubject: Re: A True Fairytale   A True Fairytale EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 6:14 am

Wow!
You are amazing! <33
Good job ^^
Back to top Go down
Jєt
Jet [Admin]
Jєt

Capricorn Pig

A True Fairytale Empty
PostSubject: Re: A True Fairytale   A True Fairytale EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 12:50 am

You should post some more of your stories!
Back to top Go down
Harvey

Harvey

Leo Rat

A True Fairytale Empty
PostSubject: Re: A True Fairytale   A True Fairytale EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 12:58 am

I dunnoo..... Maybe
Back to top Go down
Kiiwers

Kiiwers

Aries Rat

A True Fairytale Empty
PostSubject: Re: A True Fairytale   A True Fairytale EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 2:58 am

Do ittt D<
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A True Fairytale Empty
PostSubject: Re: A True Fairytale   A True Fairytale Empty

Back to top Go down

A True Fairytale
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jet 'n Harvey's RP Site! :: Art :: All that Art-
Jump to: