Jet 'n Harvey's RP Site!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jet 'n Harvey's RP Site!

Our original role-plays galore :D

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The New Born

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Harvey

Harvey

Leo Rat
Location : I'm over here. No I'm over here. I'm in your ear O.o

The New Born Empty
PostSubject: The New Born   The New Born EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 4:44 am

Plot: I'm actually still working on this one so I'm not telling you ^.-

Back to original forum: https://jetroleplayemporium.rpg-board.net/writing-f24/harvey-s-collection-of-stories-t41.htm#1107

The adrenaline was pulsating through my veins, my heart rate skyrocketing as I sat in the chair. I struggled in the chains, the spikes digging into my skin with each movement. It wasn’t right. The change was supposed to be painless, so why was I strapped down with metal when it was time? The tears poured out of my eyes rapidly as I continued to struggle, the scent of blood filling up my nose. Every time I so much as breathed, I was in pain. My movements slowed as the anesthetic was injected in my thigh, my mind clouding over. I looked around franticly, searching for the cause of the morphine before it could completely knock me out.

“It’s for the best, Jen.” The deep, husky voice that I loved so much rang in the air, “We don’t know what will happen.”
Chapter One: The Beginning

“Did you see the new guy?” “He can’t be real.” “I wonder if he’s single!” The same words were flying through the air at H.G. Jenkins boarding school of London: Who is the new guy? All of the boys were trying to be his friend, while the girls were trying to be his girlfriend. That’s all that seemed to matter to the students at my school. I could really care less about him.

“Hey, earth to Jennifer!” My best friend’s voice snaps me out of my reading, her pale hand smacking my book to the ground. “I said do I have permission to have him?”

I sighed and looked up at Naomi, her short brown hair pulled into a pony tail to prevent it from mingling with her bangs. Her blue eyes were wild with excitement as she looked at me expectantly, waiting for my answer. “Naomi, I really could care less.” I say, putting my book back in my messenger bag. “Go ahead and fall for him. Just don’t come crying to me when he says you aren’t really on his ‘team’.”

“You know, you really suck the fun out of things.” She says to me as we get up to go to Language Arts. “And he isn’t gay. He was totally flirting with Lauren Kowalski earlier.” I look down at her, my eye brows raised. Naomi is short for her age of 14, a whopping 4’ 9” compared to my height of 5’ 4” one year below her, so we are always looking down or up at each other when we’re standing, not that it mattered to us.

“Is he really that stupid to go for her? I mean she’s always John’s arm candy, so it’s kind of hard for another guy to make a move on her.” I say rather loudly, shaking some black strands of hair out of my long braid.

Naomi was practically bouncing in her seat with how excited she was at the gossip she found as we got to our desks in the back of the classroom. “That’s the thing, though! She wasn’t with John!”

“No WAY!” I laugh, my gray eyes dancing with amusement under the red frames upon my nose, “The poor guy. Maybe he’ll finally realize what a slut she is and leave her.”

“We all know how much you would love that, Jen.” Says Anna in front of us, her similar black hair and bangs clipped back to show her brown Vietnamese eyes twinkling. “When will you admit that you like him?”

“We’re just good friends. I’ve known him since I was a kid.” I mutter, pretending to look occupied with my notes as the teacher walks around our group.

John and I have known each other since we were 3, playing around everywhere we went. Everyone always swore that we would be together one day, not that I minded. I was always the hopeless romantic, and he was the jock that always got every girl he wanted. Sure, I’m nice looking, with a natural bust that many girls would die for, a curvy figure, finely tuned muscles underneath tan skin, but all I got was looks and nothing else. There was the occasional man who would ask me out, but I always had my eyes on John. Instead of making a move while he was single, though, I stood by his side as the friend who would always help him with anything. This year, I made a pledge with my friends to try and get our relationship to something more.

“What happened to, ‘I will not rest until he’s mine’?” Naomi grins as the blush starts to appear on my cheeks.

“Until who’s yours?” Says a velvety voice behind me. I hear Naomi start giggling as I turn around to see the new guy looking at me with his green eyes. I took a few seconds to drink in that cream skin, the shaggy red hair, the large arm muscles, and the perfect wolfish grin before speaking.

“Until I can find the right person to eavesdrop into my conversation.” I sneer sarcastically, “Why do you want to know?”

“Just trying to be polite your majesty.” He chuckles, sending chills down my spine.

“Oh good luck with that,” Naomi laughs, “You are talking to the one and only Jennifer McLaughlin. You’re only her friend unless she comes up to you first.”

“And I’m sure Naomi would just love to be your friend.” I say with a smug look on my face as I turn to her. She glares at me before turning back to the new guy.

“So what’s your name? I mean, the whole school is talking about you, and I’m just dying to know who this person is.” She asks, batting her eyelashes.

“Lucas Grint.” His tone is suddenly smooth as he flashes a smile at her, setting her in a fit of giggles. Great, I think to myself, he’s a player. I give Anna a knowing glance, who nods solemnly. We both know how deeply Naomi can get into a crush, and when the guy turns out to be a jerk, she’s crushed for awhile. Anna usually warns Naomi not to hope for much, unlike me, who naturally encourages her. How can you blame me? It always seems like the guy likes her until the last minute. Plus, I do it too.

“McLaughlin!” My teacher calls, her wrinkled skin pinched up in a scowl, “Since you were so avidly listening to the lesson, would you mind telling me what the definition of an idiom?”

“An expression or saying used in a certain culture, is it not?” I say, the corners of my mouth twitching. “Forgive me, Ms. Morin, but it’s a simple concept that even a ten year old can understand that. Though I’m sure your old brain has trouble some times.” The words were out of my mouth before I knew it, and I watched as her eyes narrowed to slits with anger, the whole class snickering softly.

“Well my old brain, as you so frankly put it, has just enough power to send you to the office.” Her voice was sharp with authority as she pointed to the door, “So I will bid you good-bye, McLaughlin.”

I sighed, grabbing my bag and books as I stood up, making sure to throw a glare at Lucas before heading out of the room. The outdoor halls were completely silent, except for the occasional bird flying through the archways, making me frown with memories…

“Come on, Johnny boy!” I laughed, my black hair whipping my face in the wind as I ran around the empty halls. “We only got so much time to ourselves, so let’s enjoy it!”

“But what if...” I cut John off with my finger, making him smile.

“What if the sky starting falling down? What if a plane suddenly crashed into our school? Take a risk!” My giggles rang in the air as I started rolling down a nearby hill, fallen leaves getting caught in my hair. John chuckled and followed me down to the trunk of an old willow tree. We sat down together, looking up at the clouds in the sky, silent.

“It’s times like these that I never want to end.” John said with a sigh, looking over at me with a large grin.

“I completely understand.” I murmured, gazing into his brown eyes. He pushed a lock of my hair behind my ear, but his hand lingered there for a moment. My cheek tingled at his touch, triggering my blush.

“What?” He chuckled at my flushing, putting down his hand by mine on the ground. “Are you alright?”

“Oh yea, I’m fine.” I said, looking down at our almost touching hands.

“Then why are you blushing?”

“Oh, am I?” I looked up at his face, shocked to see that it was inches from mine.

“Yea, you are. It looks pretty, too.” John breathed, leaning in. Our lips were about to touch, when a high pitched voice came from above the hill.

“Johnny-kins!” Said Lauren, running down the hill in her edited uniform, “Why are you at the school after hours, with her.” She sneered the last word, her eyes narrowing at the sight of me.

“I told you, I’m spending today with Jenny.” He said in his defense, standing up. “She’s my best friend and I haven’t seen her in awhile since I’ve been with you!”

They were arguing back and forth, while I was sitting by the tree trunk in total shock. He had almost kissed me. Did he have the same feelings for me? Should I tell him? These thoughts were running through my head, when suddenly I looked up to see them both gone.

I snapped out of my vision when tears started falling. That was the day that John stopped trying to hang out with me. Breaking into a run, the wind brushed my tears away as I went for the office. My mind was overwhelmed with thoughts of John, making the tears fall faster. At the door, I pulled out a small compact mirror from my back pack to see that my eyes were red and puffy from the water. I wiped my face off and tried not to look anyone in the eye as I walked in the door… only to find Lucas waiting for me.

“Lucas…” I breathed, my eyes closing as the medicine started to work.

“I love you, Jen.” The voice said again, this time a little muted, as if the man was holding back tears. There was the sound of a switch being pulled in the background, and my entire world blacked out.

Okay! So this is just the prolouge for my story~ I have written more, but where it breaks off will confuse you, so I'm just posting this. When I have the first chapter completed, I will share.

Last edited by Harvey on Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:57 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jєt
Jet [Admin]
Jєt

Capricorn Pig

The New Born Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Born   The New Born EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 4:46 am

Whoa!
Why are you not PUBLISHED?
Back to top Go down
Harvey

Harvey

Leo Rat

The New Born Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Born   The New Born EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 4:50 am

Cause I've never finished anything ^^" The ideas come, I get thirty pages, then blank
Back to top Go down
Jessi

Jessi

Virgo Rat

The New Born Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Born   The New Born EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 4:53 am

it's true! XD she's written atleast fifteen story starts and never finished one. not even her NaNoWriMo
Back to top Go down
Harvey

Harvey

Leo Rat

The New Born Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Born   The New Born EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 4:56 am

I tried! My NaNoWriMo was just a dud anyways :p It wasn't really that good.
Back to top Go down
Jєt
Jet [Admin]
Jєt

Capricorn Pig

The New Born Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Born   The New Born EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 4:58 am

Well then ASK people for ideas.
Back to top Go down
Harvey

Harvey

Leo Rat

The New Born Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Born   The New Born EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 5:01 am

I do, but then they don't fit in :p I'm too picky. Then I just end up going back and redoing everything
Back to top Go down
Jєt
Jet [Admin]
Jєt

Capricorn Pig

The New Born Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Born   The New Born EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 5:10 am

You should just write SparkClan. There's a bundle of ideas in that.
Back to top Go down
Harvey

Harvey

Leo Rat

The New Born Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Born   The New Born EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 5:15 am

But that's copyrighted. It would be a fan fiction, and you can't publish those. THough I could change it around, it would be extremely difficult
Back to top Go down
Jєt
Jet [Admin]
Jєt

Capricorn Pig

The New Born Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Born   The New Born EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 5:16 am

Yeah, I know. I just wanted to see.
Write a shape-shifter's story then.
Back to top Go down
Harvey

Harvey

Leo Rat

The New Born Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Born   The New Born EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 5:17 am

What do you thing The New Born is? :3
Back to top Go down
Jєt
Jet [Admin]
Jєt

Capricorn Pig

The New Born Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Born   The New Born EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 5:21 am

Oh well, it's different.
Back to top Go down
Harvey

Harvey

Leo Rat

The New Born Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Born   The New Born EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 5:25 am

Don't worry, a lot will be explained later. I just don't want to give it away.
Back to top Go down
Jєt
Jet [Admin]
Jєt

Capricorn Pig

The New Born Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Born   The New Born EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 5:27 am

Ohhh kay
Back to top Go down
Harvey

Harvey

Leo Rat