Jet 'n Harvey's RP Site!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jet 'n Harvey's RP Site!

Our original role-plays galore :D

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Darkness

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Harvey

Harvey

Leo Rat
Location : I'm over here. No I'm over here. I'm in your ear O.o

The Darkness Empty
PostSubject: The Darkness   The Darkness EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 11:34 am

Back to the original forum: https://jetroleplayemporium.rpg-board.net/writing-f24/harvey-s-collection-of-stories-t41.htm#1107

Plot: So Maggie is a legendary goddess of light, even though she doesn't know it. She goes to a boarding school in Spain, which is secretly a school for kids who have "special" abilities. While there, the evil mastermind Marcus Kink has escaped Levotry, a huge prison only for him. She is destined to fight him to protect the world, with the help of some friends of course. Warning, this I wrote a long time ago, so this one sucks. I just lost interest in it.

Lightning darted across the starry sky, and thunder rumbled the ground. The tall, menacing building was lighted up by the white light, and a dark laughter roared from inside. Guards were scurrying to the lowest level of the prison, were a single room the most dangerous man to set foot on earth was held captive.

One single guard, the bravest of them all, went to calm the man’s anger, for when the anger bubbles up and finally unleashes, havoc is spread through out the world.

Putting his large hand into his pocket, he pulled out a pair of keys: One for the door to the room, the other, for the man’s cage. The first key, which was slightly large and rusted, was inserted into the large lock. All of the chains immediately fell to the ground.

The guard pushed open the large wooden door with all of his strength. It moved slowly, creaking at every inch that it moved, but the door gradually opened.

Darkness consumed the room, only disappearing at a single area in the back. There lay a small cage that looked too weak to contain an ant. Inside this cage, there was a small man.

He lay there, crumpled up in a small ball, shivering in the wind. The man was a midget, and yet he was old and fragile. He had wispy, mousy brown hair that seemed to stand out like blood compared to his chalky white skin. Wrinkles covered the man’s body, and crinkles were in the corner of his closed eyes, worn from laughter.

But as harmless as he may seem, evil and hollow laughter echoed from him. His mouth wasn’t moving, but the guards knew that the sound was from him. The laugh sounded as if triumph had finally come to the man, that he would finally be free.

The guard approached him carefully. In his shaky hands was a needle filled with a medicine to calm the man. He gulped and reached out to inject it into him. Voices engulfed his mind, voices that came from the man, though unspoken. Still shaking, the guard ignored the voices and moved closer.

The moment the needle touched his skin, the midget’s eyes, for the first time, opened up to reveal two blood red irises.

I awoke with a start in my bed, covered in sweat. My eyes wandered over my room, searching for a clock. The wall read two-thirty in the morning. ‘Stupid. Stupid dream. Stupid sleep.’ I thought to myself as I jumped out of bed.

My plane ride didn’t leave until noon, so I decided to calm my nerves in the shower.

The cool water relaxed me, and I stepped out onto the rug in my bathroom. Grabbing a towel, I wrapped it around my shivering body. The warmth of the cotton consumed me, and I walked out to my closet for some clothes.

Pulling on some jeans and a sweater, I trotted downstairs, my hair in the towel. The kitchen was tiny, and I squeezed through the mess as I tried to grab some cereal.

Bowl in my hand, I poured the cereal in with some milk. As I devoured the soggy substance, I looked around at my tiny home. Cluttered, tight, and cozy, I had grown up in this small abundance. This would be my home until I arrived in Spain.

A few days before this, my mother was deathly ill. She had been battling Leukemia for months now, and she was losing. I was at school when the office called me home. From there, my stepfather took me to the hospital. The doctor looked grave as he told us that she only had a few minutes left. Hearing so, I ran into the room. There my mother sat, pale and weak.

“Hey Babe.” She said hoarsely.

“Mom.” I whispered.

“Maggie,” She breathed, losing strength in every word, “I love you. Don’t ever forget that. Remember, when Death seems close, say my name, and I will protect you.”

I nodded, confused. “I love you, Mom.” My voice cracked and tears started falling.

“Take care of John and move on after I pass. Life is not meant to be spent in distress.” She said softly. I brushed my hand across her face. And with that… She died.

I remember walking out of the room, tears pouring down my face. Looking up at John, my stepfather, I expected sympathy and caring. To my surprise, he had a large, malicious grin on his face.

The look terrified me, and I ran. I ran all the way home, where I sat in the corner of my room, crying.

John came home with some businessmen, and I slowly went downstairs. They asked me many questions of what my mother had said and where she was to be buried. I answered them softly, not wanting to believe that she was gone.

The funeral is planned to be in Spain the day after we arrive. Two thirds of her money was given to me, and the other third was to pay for the burial.

What the lawyers didn’t know was that I wasn’t coming back to my home in Australia. John was like the Cinderella stepmother. He planned for me to stay in Spain, where I was to attend a boarding school that my grandmother owned.

I threw my empty bowl into the sink and ran upstairs. Pulling the towel off of my head, I quickly brushed my black hair into braids and put my glasses over my unusual gold eyes. This odd color led to me having less friends then I could.

My room, which I had walked back into after freshening up, was almost empty, except for he clock on the wall and my bed. Everything else (my clothes, toiletries, favorite blanket, piano music, etc.) was packed into a large suitcase. My carry on bag had all of my books (147 to be exact), my journal, ipod, gameboy, and cell phone stuffed into it.

I took one last fleeting glance at the clock. Five twenty in the morning. A tear fell down my face and onto my charm bracelet. Each charm had a picture of a special event that happened in my life. One was a picture of me as a baby, my first tooth, my first birthday, second, third, fourth, fifth, first day of school, rest of my birthdays, my horse, and finally my mom. I raised my wrist to my lips and kissed the charm tenderly.
Back to top Go down

The Darkness
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jet 'n Harvey's RP Site! :: Art :: All that Art-
Jump to: