Jet 'n Harvey's RP Site!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jet 'n Harvey's RP Site!

Our original role-plays galore :D

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My Shape-Shifter and Me

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Harvey

Harvey

Leo Rat
Location : I'm over here. No I'm over here. I'm in your ear O.o

My Shape-Shifter and Me Empty
PostSubject: My Shape-Shifter and Me   My Shape-Shifter and Me EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 11:55 am

Back to original forum: https://jetroleplayemporium.rpg-board.net/writing-f24/harvey-s-collection-of-stories-t41.htm#1107

Plot: Another shape-shifter story (kinda hard to figure that one out, eh?). So Lynette meets a new kid at school, who just happens to be extremely gorgeous and wants to know everything about her. Little does she know that he's the only shape-shifter in the world, and he has chosen her to become his apprentice. During training, she falls madly in love with him, only to find out that he will die once her training is complete.

My alarm blared in my ear. Time to wake up and go to school. Groaning, I swept my chocolate brown hair out of my face. I slowly sat up and stretched. “LYNNETTE! GET YOUR SORRY BUTT OUT OF BED AND GO TO SCHOOL! IF YOU AREN’T OUT OF HERE-“ I ignored the rest. I heard the same thing every day.

A small meow came out of my closet. My kitten, Tigris, padded out and jumped onto my bed. He was the runt of the litter and had always been picked on by his littermates. They had been in one of those boxes that said, "FREE KITTENS". So naturally, I felt the urge to take one. Tigris is always hungry. He looked up at me with a face that said, "Feed me, I’m starving."

Chuckling, I got out of bed and quickly brushed my hair and teeth. I threw on some sweatpants and a Virginia State jacket with a tank top underneath.

I darted upstairs from my small room in the basement. Careful not to make a sound, I crept over to the fridge and grabbed a slice of cheese. Tigris was waiting perfectly on my bed when I came back down. He devoured the slice as I grabbed my backpack and pulled on my tennis shoes.

I stoked his tiny head as a goodbye and went back upstairs. I had planned to go into the garage unseen, but Miriam, my stepmother, caught me on my way.

"After school, you are to clean the house. I want it spotless." She ordered. I narrowed my eyes. She never treated me with respect. It was always, "Lynnette do this, Lynnette do that." Ever since she adopted me. My parents where too poor and couldn’t afford to take care of a child, as much as they loved me.

Thankfully, I had their looks and brains. Sure, I wasn’t perfect like my other friends, but I liked the way I looked.

I had flowing brown hair and green eyes. My skin was tan and I had a face that welcomed many people. I appreciated how this was afflicted with my brains. I was smart and loved classics, but I wasn’t as smart as I could be.

So I turned away from Miriam and walked out into the garage. Proudly sat my navy blue Ford Expedition. I hopped into the drivers seat and threw my backpack into the passenger seat. In the back had all of my clutter: clothes, toiletries, books, and horseback riding gear. After school everyday, I worked at a stable nearby Smith Mountain Lake.

Diving fast to my high school, I realized that the traffic was very slow. Odd. Usually, the kids are all driving in the rush to get to school. I pulled up in the parking lot slowly and jumped out of the car with my backpack. And that’s when I saw him.

A couple cars down, there was an extremely gorgeous guy with black hair. It fell over his, could it be, maroon eyes? He wore a white sweater that outlined his perfect muscles and jeans. His skin was and ivory, making his eyes stand out.

I pulled my hair in front of my face so he wouldn’t see me, but as soon as I got close to him, he turned abruptly to me. I quickened my pace, feeling his eyes burning into me.

As soon as I sat down in English, to my horror, he was sitting many tables back. He was looking at the teacher, but he was tense. I pulled out my book and let myself be absorbed in the story the teacher assigned us.

This repeated throughout my day. The new guy was in every single one of my classes, and only when I looked back to see if he was still looking at me, his eyes would flicker over to me, stunning me by their red intensity.

At the last period, I jumped out of my seat when the bell rang and ran to my car. My keys, of course, fell half way there, so I had to run down the parking lot to grab them. As I bent down to grab them, an ivory hand caught mine.

He was there, staring at me. Somehow the keys had been in his hand, not the ground. "You dropped these?" His husky voice asked as we both straightened up. “Um, yes." I breathed. He was so close I could smell his cologne. Was it cologne? It was too sweet to be cologne.

But all he did was smile. It was a brilliant smile too, just waiting to dazzle people. "I’m Quill." He said, putting the keys in my hand. "See you around." And he was gone.

I looked around, and saw that he was already in his car, driving away. Shaking my head, I walked over to my car and jumped in. The sound of my horse equipment rang in my ears, distracting me from thinking about the so-called Quill.

Pulling into the stable parking lot, I immediately saw my boss waiting for me. “You’re late." He said sternly as I walked closer to him, clutching my gear.

"Sorry! I will get right on it!" I called behind me as I rushed over to my horse. Destiny, my chestnut mare, snorted at me as I came closer. "Hey girl." I crooned, rubbing her muzzle. I lay my tennis shoes in a basket in her stall along with my other stuff.

Grabbing a shovel, I started to muck out the other stalls. In order to pay for the cleaning supplies I needed, I worked at the Stockton Plumb Creek Stables. They paid me ten dollars an hour.

But as I started on the first stall, I found it clean. All of the other stalls were practically identical to each other, excluding the horses. "Huh." I huffed to myself.

I heard movement in the stalls behind me, and looked around the corner. A boy was working diligently on mucking the stalls. And not just any boy, but Quill!

His black hair dripped in sweat, concentrated on his work. His brow had beads of sweat that were falling down his nose. "That’s my job you know." I called at him. My eyes widened a little with shock at myself. I never talked to guys, and yet I felt fine with joking with him.

A small chuckle could be heard from him as he turned to me. "Surprised to see me here?" He asked with a brilliant smile on his face.

“Just a bit." I smirked.

He took out a handkerchief and wiped his dirty face quickly before walking over to me, letting his shovel lay on the gate of the stall. "Well I have been working here ever since I moved here. I love animals, and I couldn't think of a better way to live my life."
Back to top Go down
Jєt
Jet [Admin]
Jєt

Capricorn Pig

My Shape-Shifter and Me Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Shape-Shifter and Me   My Shape-Shifter and Me EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 12:40 am

Reminds me of Twilight!
Nice though!
Back to top Go down

My Shape-Shifter and Me
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jet 'n Harvey's RP Site! :: Art :: All that Art-
Jump to: