Jet 'n Harvey's RP Site!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jet 'n Harvey's RP Site!

Our original role-plays galore :D

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Are You My Hero?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jessi

Jessi

Virgo Rat

Are You My Hero? Empty
PostSubject: Are You My Hero?   Are You My Hero? EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 3:26 am

Okay, so i joined this thing in november called NaNoWriMo and it's where you have to write a novel in a month that is at least 50,000 words. Ever since then i've been hooked with writing my own stories so here's one i'm writing right now. message or post telling me what you think!

-- this is all i have so far --\/

Open meadows. Dark secluded forests. Beautiful roaring waterfalls rushing into swift rivers. The elfin village of my people bursting with life in every home and on every street. This was my life before it was all destroyed one day by the war.
CHAPTER ONE
My eyes flew open as I woke up, my chest heaving and a fresh sweat brewing on my forehead. I had that dream again. The one where my whole village was dieing and my parents being killed right in front of me and then the killer coming towards me and then… I woke up. This has been happening for the past month but nothing like the dream has happened. I tried to go to my villages prophet and ask him if these dreams were meaning anything but he could predict anything either.
I rubbed my forehead getting the sweat off my face and got out of my straw bed. The light from the rising sun started to seep in through my window as I dressed in my light blue tunic, green tights and tan boots. I tried to go along like the dream had never happened but it was so hard. That dream had been happening so much that whenever I close my eyes I see the killer and my pulse races.
I sighed as I opened the door to my room and walked out into the stone covered hallway that was only a part of my home. Servants bowed as I passed. Some saying good morning while others said nothing and just bowed very deeply. I just sighed as I passed each of them and walked into the dinning hall.
As you may have guessed by now, I’m not the normal forest elf. Yeah, I’m the heiress to my mothers’ crown. Some day when she passes, I turn eighteen or I’m forced to marry so elfin prince from another kingdom I will take her crown.
I continued to walk though the dinning hall to the head of the large table to see my mother already eating breakfast with my sister and two brothers. My brothers were both older than me and were aloud to take the crown before me but they both said that it would be best to continue the female line, ‘just to prove that women can be as good of leaders as men’. Now, I respected this but I still wished one of them would buck up and take the crown so I wouldn’t have to but… of course not, I’m the one that has to be responsible and take the crown.
“Hello daughter,” my mother, Queen Elivain, said as she put down her spoon from her morning soup.
“Hello mother, Drake, Arron, Alice,” I said greeting each of them and nodding at them as I sat down next to my younger sister Alice.
“Sissy! There’s supposed to be a prince coming to our castle today!” Alice, my younger sister, said as I started to sip my soup.
I choked on the soup and coughed into my napkin, “A-Alice, please don’t tell me things like that when I’m eating!” I said finally getting to breathe again after choking.
“Evion, your sister is right though and there isn’t much time before Prince William arrives and you should be ready,” said my mother staring me down. I looked at my brothers and sister and saw that they were all dressed in their own formal wear. I sighed and looked down at myself; I was not ready to meet this possible prince.
That’s when it hit me, “Umm… Mother? Why is Prince William coming exactly?” I asked nervously knowing the probable answer that was the reason that all of the other princes had come.
“Oh, he’s come to meet you,” my mother said starting to eat her soup again not looking me in the eye.
I sighed setting down my soupspoon again, “Mother, I’m not meeting him.”
“Yes you are Evion,” my mother said finally looking me in the eye.
“Mother, I’ve told you this before. I do not want to marry any prince any time soon. It doesn’t feel right.”
“Well then maybe Prince William is the right one for you,” my mother said simply as she continued to eat.
That was it. I couldn’t deal with this anymore. I couldn’t deal with my mother trying to set me up with a prince that she wanted me to marry. I shoved my seat back and thanked the servants for the meal, say goodbye to my brothers and sister and left the table without talking to my mother. I stormed off to my room still angry at my mother for setting this up and flung myself onto my bed in my closed room.
I started to cry. Why did my mom want me so badly to marry? She wasn’t even that old! Why should I take my mothers crown when she isn’t that old and I’m not even eighteen yet? I stayed on my bed crying for what seemed like years when I heard a knock at my door.
“C-come i-in,” I choked out as I wiped the tears I had just released from my eyes and fixed my tunic. The door to my room opened and one of the servants, Ethan, came into my room bowing. “Hey Ethan,” I said. Ethan and I have known each other for seven years now but we’ve never been aloud to talk much because of our different statuses.
“Hello Princess Evion, are you well this morning?” Ethan said closing my door and smiling at me.
“Nope,” I said crossing my arms over my chest, “Mother’s trying to get me to meet another Prince today.”
“Well, why don’t you just meet the Prince?” Ethan asked as he tidied up my room.
“’Cause he’ll just be like all of the others. Probably blond, stuck up, ‘heroic’, and only interested in my mothers crown and not me at all.” I sighed after I said this. It was really what all of the other princes were. They all only wanted the crown and I hated them for that.
“Evion,” Ethan started slipping out of the servant to master mode that we usually had to be in, “you never know what this guy will be like. Just go see the ‘Prince Charming’ for your mothers’ sake. Get it over with and then I promise you that I’ll bring you the cookies that you love tonight. Okay?” God, Ethan would do anything for my family and that’s why he was my best friend.
“Fine. I’ll see the Prince today but you better bring the cookies tonight,” I said as I got off of my bed and walked over to my wardrobe, “Now leave! You don’t need to see me undress!”
“Okay, okay! See you later?” Ethan asked as he left my room with some trash that he had just picked up from my room.
“Yeah, I’ll see you after I ditch Prince Charming!” I said smiling at him.
“Evion…” Ethan said as he shook his head. Guess he’s disappointed in me but it doesn’t matter, this is me and if he can’t deal then oh well.
“Ethan…” I said shaking my head in the same way trying not to crack up. Ethan just laughed and left my room still smiling. I smiled to myself after my door clicked shut and opened my wardrobe. I looked around in the flood of blue, tan and green seeing if there was a dress that I could stand wearing that would be ‘appropriate’ for a prince’s visit and that my mother would approve of. I looked at the back and found a pale pink, long dress with sparkles embroidering the end of the sleeves and the hem of the dress. I gagged slightly but this was all I had that my mother would stand to let me meet the prince in that wasn’t any of her elaborate gowns. I sighed as I started to undress and my beautiful blue tunic fell to the floor. I slipped the dress over my head and looked at myself in the mirror and groaned at myself. Why’d the prince guy have to come today?
CHAPTER TWO
I walked out of my room back to the dinning hall where my mother was sitting in her throne, “Hello mother.”
“Evion! You’ve decided to meet Prince William today then?” my mother said as she hugged me and looked at my dress.
I sighed, “Yes mother. I’ve decided that I’ll at least meet him but please don’t ask for anymore.”
“Okay, thank you for this though. I love that you are at least trying to succeed me.”
“Mother, I need to talk to you about th—”
“Shush!” my mother said cutting me off, “Look! Prince William is here!” my mother hissed in my ear looking over my shoulder. I turned around slightly as my mother moved around me to the open door to the dinning hall and saw a very tall, black haired, lanky young man talking to my mother like they were old friends. Eh, he wasn’t as bad as the others. I looked at my mother as saw her trying to get me to come over. I sighed and started to walk over to my mother and the guy who must be Prince William.
“Evion, I would like you to meet Prince William. Prince William, this is my daughter and the heiress to my crown, Evion,” said my mother as she backed out from between us.
“Hello Prince William,” I said as I curtsied and smiled. I had to admit, he wasn’t half bad, but I had to wait to decide.
“Hello Princess Evion, I’m please to finally meet you after all that you’re mother has told me,” Prince William said as he took my hand and kissed it.
“Well, it is very nice to meet you too,” I said smiling. He had manners but would he respect what I loved to do? I’ll see.
“Well, I’ll let you two get to know each other!” said my mother as I turned my head and saw her disappearing out of the dinning hall and into some other hallway.
I sighed as I turned back to William, “Sorry my mother did that.”
“What?”
“I’m sorry that my mother forced us to be alone when we just met,” I said slowly. Maybe he wasn’t so great, bit dim.
“Oh, well, I don’t mind. From what you’re mother, the Queen, has told me, you are very nice to be around.”
“HA!” I said a little to loud so that William backed away slightly startled, “Sorry, it’s just that, my mother always lies to get Princes from other kingdoms over here to meet me!”
“What?” William asked cocking his head.
“I am nice to be around but only when you are my family or you have the same interests as me.”
“Well, what are your interests?” William asked. Wow. I was not expecting that.
“Umm, I like to horse ride and paint.”
“Where are your horses?”
“In the stables at the back, why?”
“Would you like to go ride?” William asked as he smiled at me and held out his arm.
“Um, yes. I would love to, but do you have your own horse?” I asked as I took his arm, “Ours’ do not take a liking to strangers very well.”
“Yes, Sage is also out in the stables. One of your servants took him there for me.”
“Ah, well, lets go now. I need to take care of Harrow anyways.” We walked out of the castle and back behind the castle to the stables where Ethan was brushing a strange horse.
“Hello Princess Evion,” Ethan said smiling at me and then looking to my right where William was, “Hello Prince William.”
“Hello Ethan, whose fantastic horse is that?” I asked exaggerating the fantastic part because it must have been Williams horse.
“It is, I felt that I should brush Sage because he was fairly dirty. Is that okay Prince William?” Ethan asked as William came up to him and Sage. I smiled at Ethan and mouthed ‘Good one’. He nodded as William petted his horse commenting on the smoothness of his horses smooth coat.
“Umm, William?” I asked trying to get his attention off his horse, “I though that we were going to ride?” I said walking over to Nasil and started to pet her mane getting in her stable with her. I looked to the back of the stable and found my extra pair of leggings that Ethan had put out here in case anything like this would ever happened and it turned out to be a good choice.
“Oh yes,” William said as he looked at me still petting his horse. I bent down bellow the wooden wall in between us and slipped the pants under my dress. I stood back up and swung myself back onto Nasil and smiled down at William that was looking up at me apparently astonished. He got up on his horse next to me as Ethan opened our stables. As soon as mine was open I ficked Nasil’s reighns and rode out of the stables with William following close behind me. I rode
Nasil into town as I passed many of the elfs that I grew up with, “William!” I called back, “This is the main part of our village!” He nodded and continued following me into town when I started to slow Nasil to a trot and let William ride next to me as I pointed out some of the other sights in town. We rode over to a small tavern and went in to see only two elfin girls crowding the bar. Both were shorter than me and deffinatly shorter than William. One had dark brown cut at just below her shoulders and was wearing a dark purple dress. The other had light brown wavy hair cutting off a little longer than the others and was wearing a light pink and green dress. That’s when I recognized them.
“Emily! Keely!” I said as came up behind them and hugged them.
“Evion!” they both said as they hugged me back.
“Oh my goodness! I haven’t seen you two since forever ago!” I said as I sat next to them forgetting that William was probably just standing there not knowing what to do. In stead, I heard the creaking of wood as William sat next to me making Keely and Emily look.
“Evion… Who’s the prissy elf?” Keely asked refering to William.
“Yeah, he’s sort of cute,” Emily said as she kept on looking at him.
“Emily, snap out of it. He’s not one of your characters. He’s the prince my mother is forcing me to meet.”
“Well that’s not very nice Evion,” said a voice to my right, it was William.
“Well, she is forcing me to meet you so that’s why I’m here. If I wasn’t I would be doing anything else, probably riding Nasil with Ethan.”
“Well—” William started but was cut off by Keely’s hand in his face.
“Will person, even if you’re a prince, you aren’t going to get Evion’s heart unless you actually like her and not her crown.”
“Yep, she’s had…” started Emily as she trailed off counting on her fingers, “at least ten princes come because her mom asked them to. Now you’re the eleventh!”
“No, there were twelve before him. He’s the thirteenth,” Keely said.
“God, I tell you guys way to much huh?” I said laughing a little.
“Yep!” they both said in perfent unison as I laughed harder.
“Ahem,” a sound came from my right and I remembered again that William was still there.
“Hey Will person, stop being so stuffy and have a bit of fun with us!” Keely said with rosey cheeks. She was drunk. Again.
“Keely, we’re going to go now…” Emily said as she took Keely by her arm and led her out of the tavern.
“Emmmawii… I don’t wanna…” Keely said as she started to walk with Emily, “I want some more…”
“Don’t worry, I’ll get you some more at your house.”
“Yawy!” I just laughed at Keely and waved goodbye to Emily as they disappeared around the corner of the tavern.
“S-sorry, William!” I said staring to stop laughing, “Those two are my best friends Emily and Keely. They do that to every prince that my mother gets to come here!”
Back to top Go down

Are You My Hero?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jet 'n Harvey's RP Site! :: Art :: All that Art-
Jump to: